China Travel Tips

Reflections on Travel in China

Friday, December 12, 2014

China Visa Is Needed

It has just been announced that a visa to China which formally was only for one year for a multiple entry visa, a 10 year visa will now be available.   You will be able to enter China multiple times in a 10 year period without needing to apply each time.  Cost is still the same about $200 per visa through a Visa Service.   Your passport must be valid at least 1 year to obtain a 10 year visa.  If valid less than a year, then a 6 months visa will be issued.   If you would like a visa kit emailed to you, just advise me and I will have it emailed to you.  I just need to know which state you are located in as there are several Consulate Districts.. The new forms are now available reflecting the 10 year visa.  Visas either need to be applied for in person at one of the Chinese Consulates or sent to a visa service which will do it for you.   It is suggested that you  apply at least 4 to 6 weeks in advance of your departure.  If in the  future your passport expires having a 10 year visa in it that has not expired  you may summit your old passport with the new passport to keep the 10 year unexpired time of the visa.   Let me know if you would like a visa application emailed to you.  You can then apply for your visa directly yourself through a visa application service.  IF you have any questions on visas please let me know.  My email address is   My name is Dave and better known to my friends as ChinaDave.

No comments: