China Travel Tips

Reflections on Travel in China

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Favorite Summer Destination




Summer months are very hot and humid in China; but some people must go during that time because they are either out of school or have summer vacations only. As a tour operator to China, I look at sending people to cooler areas as well as the popular Beijing, Xian, Guilin and Shanghai. LiJiang in northern Yunnan province is one of those places at 7000 feet amongst the snow capped mountains. A photographer's paradise, LiJiang Old Town has no cars, with narrow streets, wonderful sidewalk cafes and restaurants as well as many small to large hotels at reasonable prices. One can now fly to LiJiang directly from many destinations. It is also a nice area to stop, rest and smell the roses during a busy day in day out tour too. Lots of great shops, restaurants, and local culture. It is also a jumping off spot for Lugu Lake and the Musuo people, Shangrila where the Tibetans are located at 10,000 feet and wonderful countryside villages between them all. Ask me where I would spend a week in one place and I would tell you LiJiang. Another is my Mountain tour up into the mountains near Chengdu in Sichuan province to 12,000 feet with few if any tourists and wonderful parks, natural hot springs, remote Tibetan villages and even the Panda bears. Tours to China is my business and I love sharing it with others. Check my packaged tours on my web site for ideas on your own special private custom tour. www.interlakechinatours.com   Click on the photos for a full screen view!

No comments: