China Travel Tips

Reflections on Travel in China

Thursday, June 4, 2009

How Do I Choose a Tour Company?


I have been teaching a class on the Ins and Outs of Travel in China at Community colleges and the University of Washington for the past three years for Adult Education. It's a 1/2 day class and I ask people to bring questions with them. The number one question is HOW DO I PICK A CHINA TOUR FROM SO MANY SOURCES? I spend one half hour talking about Group Tours, Packaged and Custom Private Tours on how to do just that. I just completed two news articles for travel magazines and newspapers. One is "How Do I Select a Good GROUP Tour to China" and the other on "Custom and Packaged Tours to China" and what is the difference. I will be glad to email both articles to you with no obligations or follow-up on my part unless you request it.
With the world wide economy being as it is, my Chinese associate partners tell me there is much cheating and fraud going on in the travel industry. It is important to be working with reliable and honest Tour Operators. Once you are in China and you bought a poor tour it is too late and you have to just tough it out. Ask for references of past customers. If they can not furnish them or make excuses forget them. In China as elsewhere you get what you pay for. China is a fascinating country to visit with warm and friendly people. You may email me in Seattle at
interlak@eskimo.com 18 years Experience in doing Tours to China "ChinaDave"

No comments: